April 13, 2010
This is a benefit for the New Coastal Post, which is a GREAT independant newspaper based out of Marin, Ca.
REINVENTING THE PRESS AND SAVING DEMOCRACY
- Why is the independent press essential to democracy?
- Why are newspapers failing to cover and analyze important events?
- Why are corporate for-profit newspapers shrinking and disappearing?
- Can the independent non-profit local press with an expanded on-line version provide a viable alternative?
- How can our progressive community work with the Coastal Post to reinvigo-rate democracy here in Marin?
PANEL DISCUSSION WITH:
JOHN NICHOLS: CO-AUTHOR OF THE DEATH AND LIFE OF AMERICAN JOURNALISM, CORRESPONDENT OF THE NATION & ASSOCIATE EDITOR OF THE CAPITAL TIMES IN MADISON, WISCONSIN
PETER PHILLIPS : PAST DIRECTOR OF PROJECT CENSORED & PROFESSOR OF SOCIOLOGY, SONOMA STATE UNIVERSITY
DON DEANE: EDITOR OF THE COASTAL POST
COLLEGE OF MARIN, OLNEY HALL,
COLLEGE AVE, NEAR SIR FRANCIS DRAKE BLVD, KENTFIELD
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28, 7 PM
SUGGESTED DONATION $10. NO ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY.
BENEFIT FOR THE NEW COASTAL POST
Book signing of the new publications of John Nichols and Peter Phillips
THE MARIN PEACE & JUSTICE COALITION
& THE COLLEGE OF MARIN CAMPUS GREENS
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT 415-388-6488 415-388-6488