by Brian Romanoff April 12, 2010
A summary of news relating to 9/11/01 – For the week of April 5 through April 11, 2010. (Last week is here)
Human Rights Violations continue to pour in from the Guantanamo Bay, and Bush Administration officials, including Bush himself must be held accountable.
Earlier this week Tim Reid wrote this:
George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld covered up that hundreds of innocent men were sent to the Guantánamo Bay prison camp because they feared that releasing them would harm the push for war in Iraq and the broader War on Terror, according to a new document obtained by The Times.
The accusations were made by Lawrence Wilkerson, a top aide to Colin Powell, the former Republican Secretary of State, in a signed declaration to support a lawsuit filed by a Guantánamo detainee. It is the first time that such allegations have been made by a senior member of the Bush Administration.
I wrote this earlier in the week in response to the above news:
This story belongs in the same folder as the following announcements made in the last 2 weeks:
- The documents obtained by the ACLU (page 26), which have the signature’s of Rumsfeld, Tenet, and Ashcroft telling the 9/11 Commission Chairs that they can’t interview the 9/11 detainees due to National Security.
- Last weeks report by Jason Leopold on another Gitmo detainee:
In a federal court filing, Justice backed away from the Bush administration’s statements that Zubaydah was the No. 2 or No. 3 official in al-Qaeda who had helped plan the 9/11 attacks, as well as even earlier claims from the Clinton administration that he was directly involved in planning the 1998 embassy bombings in East Africa.
- The Gitmo detainee that was ordered released by a Federal Judge 2 weeks ago, due to lack of proper evidence after almost a decade!
If that isn’t reason enough to warrant further investigation into 9/11, how about the video released by Wikileaks. Innocent children, civilians and journalists were brutally fired upon and most murdered by American forces in the sky. The fog of war is no excuse, especially when we are close to 9 years after the events of 9/11. The investigations are happening still to this day and many experts are speaking out against the lies we have been fed about the attacks of September the 11th, 2001. The problem is the media on both sides of the aisle aren’t talking about this, nor it’s importance to all Americans and the World together.
Experts? Yes. What Kind? Firefighters, architects and engineers actually, thanks for asking. Infact- coming up in the Bay Area of California just those experts are speaking out together for the public to hear. Erik Lawyer, founder of Firefighters for 9/11 Truth and Richard Gage, founder of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth will be joining their expertise and debunking the many myths of 9/11.
To hear an interview with Erik Lawyer of Firefighters for 9/11 Truth, please just click right here. The interview was conducted by John Bursill of Visibility 9/11.
Another important event in May was announced this week , relating to 9/11, the war and more, is the Deep Politics Conference in Santa Cruz, California. The speakers include David Ray Griffin, Cynthia McKinney, Peter Dale Scott and many others. Please think about reserving tickets and beginning or furthering your understanding of our world today.
The New York/ New Jersey Port Authority announced that it is looking for new owners to take the steel that they have stored from Ground Zero all these years. Mind you this is not all the steel from Ground Zero, 9/11. It is only a fraction. We know most steel was shipped away to China and melted down for other applications. One of those applications is a Military Destroyer named the USS New York which floats the seas after being launched in 2009. The others, USS Somerset and the USS Arlington are due to launch soon. All three are made from steel collected from the World Trade Center buildings or from the “Pentagon building’s structural girders.” One thing the Firefighters for 9/11 Truth bring up is the rapid destruction of evidence from one of the largest crime scenes in the U.S.’s modern history; September 11th, 2001.
The New York City Coalition for Accountability Now (NYCCAN) has finished their close to 3 week-long campaign of calling New York City council members and politely informing them of the mysterious collapse of World Trade Center #7. I’ m looking forward to an update on the action as a whole, along with a follow-up just as much as you are….
It was the 11th of the month on Sunday April 11, 2010. As always, every 11th of each month truth-seekers are out in the streets or helping to inform the public in some manner. Check out Truth Action for all the updates, along with pictures from around the world from different peoples actions for 9/11 truth.
The Peace and Collaboration Effort has issued a call for papers related to 9/11. Some criteria follow:
• How has 9/11 changed the way that we think about race, religion, national origin, and immigration status in the United States and abroad?
• What tools and strategies have been used by community activists to sustain and build community during and after the 9/11 moment?
• What impacts does being targeted as “suspect” by the United States government have on an individual? A family? A community?
• What are some of the success stories around coalition-building and race relations that have occurred since 9/11?
• What lasting impacts, if any, have the events of 9-11 and their aftermath had on relationships between racial and ethnic minority communities in the United States or abroad?
• What lasting impacts, if any, have 9-11 and the subsequent decade-long, global War on Terror had on the political consciousness of Arab American, South Asian, Muslim and/or Sikh communities inside or outside the United States?
I think if we all thing long and hard we can come up with good answers for all these questions and still get our message across. Just a thought….An excersize od sorts. Many answers are actually contained right here in this essay.